Monday, February 6, 2012

A New Year

Yep, I'm a bit late with a post like this, but I have a good excuse; I spiked a temperature and ended up in the stupid hospital.  I have to be hyper-vigilant with my immune system since it's so screwed up.

So, what did you get for Christmas?  I got a nice wrap-around blanket thingie like the Snuggle thing they advertise on TV, but much better quality.  The watch I got my wife disappeared in UPS, fancy that.  It's a four hundred dollar watch, thank God for insurance.  Believe it or not, we just came to an agreement concerning the value and I re-ordered the watch.

The Republican primaries are clugging and jerking along; Romney has taken Florida in a big win, and Nevada in a not-unexpected win.  Damn that guy looks so damn good; central casting picked him to play the part of the prez, looks-wise.

If he shows up anywhere near hear, I'll go see him.  I'm going to give him some money as well.  I hope he's better than Bush II.  He has to be better than Obama; my cat could do a better job socializing the economy.

Looking for newer SUV.  I've been using my Mom's old Mercury Grand Marquis, and boy is that showing its age!  I expect to hit a bump and have the back end fall off.

Actually, the car is solid and will outlast me.  I just want an Explorer or similar foreign car. 

What I REALLY want (besides that Lamborghini) is a Nat Gas powered SUV that I can fill up every night in the garage.  There is no shortage of nat-gas, and the price is quite reasonable most of the time.  (However, just learned Honda, the maker of 'Phill' refueling gizmo has let the product die, since the only car now that can use the Phill is the Civic, and nobody is buying the stodgy Civic these days.)

So it's to conventional gas or diesel.  Diesel is going to be in my future, I know it, because I want to try it.  Few SUVs other than the lame Cross-overs offer it.

Anyway, shopping now for my wife's Valentine's present, and have no idea what to get her. 

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment