Friday, May 22, 2015

El Nino?

May 2015 in Sacramento California thus far has been pretty mild, except for two days early in the month when it was about 10 degrees above normal, into the low 90s.  Lately, it's been in the low to upper 70s, which isn't that unusual for May, it's just that we generally have more variability; 70s for a few days, into the 80s, then into the 90s, or even 100s (!)  Yes, May can be hot.  I remember 1987 (I think) when I painted my duplex in mid-May.  We had a string of days well over 100 degrees, maxing out in the mid-100s.  It was brutal, painting under the eaves, paint dripping down my arms, sweating like crazy.  It seemed like a harbinger of things to come...a hot summer!  But, it cooled down and we had a pretty normal summer after that.

Went to LA yesterday to see the eye doc.  The traffic was crazy busy, even at 10:30 in the morning.  It never got better, of course.  The weather was great, though, which is why LA is so crowded.  The weather's usually very nice, but you'd never get me down there.  Too many people, too little green space.  My doctor's office was on the UCLA campus, and even though I went to UC Santa Barbara, I've never been there.  Unlike UCSB and UC San Diego, the campus is in an urban environment, and not particularly attractive.

I had a delayed flight out of LA, supposedly due to inclement weather in New Orleans.  I didn't back home in Sacramento until midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment