Monday, November 26, 2012

Sound thinking on the immigration issue

Some sound thinking on the immigration issue can be found at the American Thinker site (http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/11/the_gops_california_lesson.html).  As a resident of California and with a lot of Mexican American friends, I agree wholeheartedly with the ideas presented in the column.

The fact that I oppose amnesty, open borders, and internal population growth because it places animals and plants in peril through the loss of habitat does not mean that I object to opposition to immigration because of other reasons.  Any argument to lower (or better yet, eliminate) immigration is going to get my attention. 

As I've pointed out many times, support of immigration means that you cannot be an environmentalist, for population growth causes the greatest risk to endangered species because of loss of habitat. 

Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment